- Go to the pool: Take a break and go swimming.
- Protect yourself from the sun: Yes, this means Mom is right (hard to admit, I know). Wear sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses.
- Wear shoes that don't suffocate your feet: Try Rainbow Flip Flops. The support these shoes give is well worth the money. Plus, they're durable.
- Keep hydrated: Drink plenty of water. Have a bottle or glass of water on hand every where you go. Try iced tea too!
- Exercise early in the morning or wait until after 6pm: Don't even attempt to run during the heat of the day... not a brilliant idea.
- Read a book you can get lost in: Maybe it will be set somewhere cold.
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Summer in Virginia is brutal. 95°+ turns into "feels like" 110 with the humidity. Imagine casually walking outside with a camera expecting to take photos, but no, that's not possible because its so humid the camera lens keeps fogging. Late afternoon storms with torrential downpours are normal. The sun shines most of the time, but by golly it's nasty out. I can fry eggs on the sidewalk I wanted to. And I can't forget about having sweat beads on my face when I'm simply standing still. So here's to trying to catch a break from the heat: